»Ðøड« ENDURANCE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

»Ðøड« ENDURANCE
»Ðøड« ENDURANCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RESULTS RACE 5 - Map " Lego Land"

4 posters

Go down

RESULTS RACE 5 - Map " Lego Land" Empty RESULTS RACE 5 - Map " Lego Land"

Post by Mig II Wed Apr 08 2015, 14:39

[ENG]

About the problem we had yesterday on the map "Lego Land", here is the final decision I write you.

Just before, I want to thank VERY MUCH all Admins of DoS Endurance, DoS and friends, for their reactivity and their participation for resolving this problem, and I salute them for their active and engaged implication about the good way for our competition.
You must know that their own feelings is so large that all differents players ones I could see from yesterday night (believe me, I saw many !), they're also divided on.

So, the problem concerns the last part of the map, the last jump on the block before the 2 last turns before the finish, where we had to jump on the block, some players have jumped on the dirt, some others have not jumped and passed on the right side.

In our tradition, for players who know the DoS team, we are a very opened and funny family, until we meet a problem as a cut ... there, it's simply another character ! For whose who can remember, from old editions, a simply cut or an attempt one had as answer a direct ban of the player(s) without any more explanation, whatever his level or his fame ... We had so some criticals about it.
Here, the problem is more complexe, so we had from yesterday an internal concertation, I needed enough time to have a good analyse for a wise and a just decision.

When we've tested the map, we don't have, I don't have, recognize this way as a cut possibility, passing on the side, as I tested it - I'm not so a pro cutter -  but if I have had any doubt about it, I should have asked to the mapper to change it, or add a cp on the block for example.

Some mappers can say you it, I always contact them when I have any doubt about a cut possibility, or pannels missing ... we always try to work with them for the best security and the best visibility of the map.
If some players have taken this right way conscioulsly as a cut, others (many) have followed them without bad thinking about it, it can be clearly seen from the replays I could yet study, from any server.
I had too 2 testimonies saying me they've yet met a similar situation of block on another competition and then any trouble about it .... I've taken this information as a more one, on a secund level, I note it.

Clearly, I have too a responsability about this passage, because after tests, I've accepted it as it is, knowing too that during the race, many players have run on the right side.

I stay myself on the base spirit as the HARD one of DoS - as Flemming - for a direct and uncontested punishment about any cut, but I must too take into account the ambiguity of this passage, in it form and in the facts realized by many players.

There's not a divine solution, I must say that "the doubt's benefice" (french expression) wins at 50,1%

Then, my decision is to cancel all results from this 5th race !

For keeping the calculation of the best 7 results for the final ranking, we add a date more on the Tuesday May 5th for another race at 21:30.
It means for us a work more, not a problem finally if it can be a positive solution.

We won't play again on the map of Jack, and I want to precise about it that this problem doesn't cancel the quality and the interest of his map, I hope you had pleasure to run on it anyway.

If some players have taken this rigt side on the block consciously as a cut, they can consider themselves as "survivors" on DoS Endurance .... we don't use to be "fragile" about a subject as cut and we'll be VERY vigilant about you ...
If some players have taken this right side with no bad thinking and just following ... that's the same answer !

For all others, as Lerny I could follow in direct yesterday, who have run a nice race, and running ON the block everytime (with a pure good time ^^) I just can only congrat you all more, and present to you all our sincere excuses about this problem ...
This experience will give us to work better again with mappers for next maps.

Finally, all the maps we'll play until the end won't have any doubt about the circuit ... it means there won't have anymore any discussion about it if one cut or on attempt of cut is seen.

Just remember :

- present yourself with your national avatar (or kick)
- no chat no horn from the beginning of the race until the last player has finished
- cut or attempt of cut = BAN

Stay on the lines you'll have only pleasure !

Have a nice continuation and Good Luck to all on Edition VIII.

Mig
DoS Team.

Last edited by Mig II on Wed Apr 08 2015, 14:57; edited 2 times in total
Mig II
Mig II

http://dosteam.forumfree.it/

Back to top Go down

RESULTS RACE 5 - Map " Lego Land" Empty Re: RESULTS RACE 5 - Map " Lego Land"

Post by Mig II Wed Apr 08 2015, 14:45

[FR]

Suite au problème rencontré hier lors de la 5e course sur la map "Lego Land", voici la décision finale que je prends.

Je tiens avant tout à remercier BEAUCOUP les Admins du DoS Endurance, DoS et amis, pour leur réactivité et leur participation à la résolution de ce problème, et les salue pour leur implication active et responsable pour la bonne marche de notre compétition.
Pour info, leurs avis reflètent pleinement l'ensemble des avis différents que j'ai pu croiser depuis hier soir (croyez-moi, j'en ai vu !), ils sont autant partagés que vous.

Pour rappel, le problème concerne le dernier saut du tour de la map, saut sur un block avant les 2 derniers virages, où certains ont soit sauté à côté sur la terre, soit évité le saut et continuer sur le côté du tremplin.

De tradition, pour ceux qui connaissent les DoS, nous sommes une famille très chaleureuse et enclin à la bonne humeur, mais dès qu'il s'agit d'un cut .... tout change ! Pour ceux qui s'en rappellent, lors de précédentes éditions, le moindre cut était le ban direct du ou des joueurs sans la moindre explication supplémentaire, quelque soit leur niveau ou leur renommée ... Nous étions parfois critiqué à ce sujet d'ailleurs
Ici, le problème est un peu plus complexe, d'où une concertation, un temps de recul nécessaire pour une analyse et une décision sage et juste.

Lors des tests, nous n'avons pas, je n'ai pas, considéré cet endroit comme un risque de cut en passant à côté, je n'y voyais pas vraiment d'écart sérieux entre les 2 trajectoires, que j'ai testé  - en même temps je ne suis pas un pro du cut - mais quoiqu'il en soit, si j'avais eu le moindre doute à ce sujet, j'aurais demandé au mappeur de rajouter un cp sur le block. Plusieurs mappeurs peuvent vous le dire, certains même de cette édition, je reviens vers eux lorsque un passage me semble fragile, ou des panneaux qui peuvent manquer ... nous essayons toujours d'optimiser avec eux la visibilité ou la sécurité de la map.

Si certains joueurs ont emprunté ce chemin sciemment en terme de "cut", d'autres (beaucoup) ont suivi sans réellement penser à mal, cela se distingue aussi assez nettement sur les replays que j'ai pu voir, quelque soient les serveurs.
J'ai eu 2 témoignages m'indiquant enfin que ce même type de passage était passé tel quel sur une compétition antérieure sans que cela ne soulève un problème ... cela reste pour moi une information supplémentaire de second ordre, mais j'en prends note.

En clair, j'ai ma part de responsabilité sur ce passage, car lors des tests, je l'ai accepté tel quel, sachant que pendant la course, beaucoup de joueurs engagés sur les serveurs ont à un moment donné emprunté le côté du block.

Je reste sur la même ligne de base que la ligne DURE des DoS - tel Flemming - à savoir la pénalisation directe et sans conteste en cas de cut, mais suis bien obligé de prendre en compte l'ambiguïté de ce passage, dans sa forme comme dans les faits accomplis par bon nombre de joueurs
Il n'y a pas de solution miracle, je dirai que " le bénéfice du doute " l'emporte à 50,1%.

Dès lors, ma décision est d'annuler tous les résultats de cette 5e course !

Afin de conserver le calcul des 7 meilleurs temps pour établir le classement final, nous ajoutons la date du Mardi 5 Mai 2015 pour une course supplémentaire à 21h30.
Cela nous fait un travail supplémentaire, qu'importe pourvu que cela corrige la situation de façon positive.

Nous ne rejouerons pas sur la map de Jack, et j'en profite au passage pour préciser que ce problème lié à ce passage ne retire en rien la qualité et l'intérêt de sa map, qui j'espère vous a procuré sur l'ensemble du plaisir.

Si certains joueurs ont emprunté ce passage à droite sciemment comme un cut, considérez-vous comme des "survivants" sur le Dos Endurance ... nous n'avons pas coutume d'être fragiles sur un tel propos et nous serons vous concernant TRES vigilants ...
Si certains autres joueurs n'ont pas pensé jouer à mal en les suivant ... c'est la même réponse !

Pour tous les autres, qui comme Lerny - que j'ai pu suivre en direct sur le 3 - ont fait une belle course et en empruntant le chemin "d'origine" (en plus avec un très bon temps ^^)  je ne peux que vous féliciter davantage, vous présenter nos plates excuses pour ce problème rencontré ...
Cette expérience précise nous permettra aussi de travailler encore mieux en amont avec les mappeurs sur leurs créations.

Enfin, les autres maps que nous jouerons jusqu'à la fin de l'Edition VIII n'auront pas ce type d'ambiguïté sur le circuit .. il n'y aura donc pas de discussion à rallonge si un cut ou une tentative de cut sont  avérés.

Un simple rappel :

- présentez-vous avec votre avatar national (obligatoire sinon kick)
- pas de chat ni de horn depuis le début de la course jusqu'à ce que le dernier joueur soit arrivé
- cut ou tentative de cut = BAN

Restez dans la ligne et vous n'aurez que du plaisir !

Bonne continuation et Bonne chance à tous sur notre Edition VIII.

Mig 
DoS Team.
Mig II
Mig II

http://dosteam.forumfree.it/

Back to top Go down

Post by Auliv Thu Apr 09 2015, 07:16

Pourquoi ne pas reprendre la même map en demandant au mappeur de modifier le "cut" et rejouer sur celle ci le 05 Mai.

La map était très très sympa.

Auliv

Back to top Go down

Post by papy72 Thu Apr 09 2015, 11:42

cela et dommage car sur un saut fais perdre de la vitesse et  du temps , en restent au sol  pas de perte de vitesse , donc je respecterais votre décision ,  je ne vous contre diraispas  mais cela reste un cut ! , moi même et vue se cut mais pas pris donc je vous laisse a votre réfection .
papy 72

papy72

Back to top Go down

Post by alf Fri Apr 10 2015, 16:01

dommage, c'est celle où j'ai pris le plus de plaisir à joué ...

alf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down